AlignConsulting offers a number of learning opportunities and workshops in the areas of knowledge-transfer ("Sharing Hidden Know-How" and "Knowledge Jam"), Strategy ("Shared Insight in Action," "Offshoring with Intention"), Leadership ("Cutting Edge Leadership") and knowledge networks ("Sustainable Communities"). You can walk through a SlideShare, attend a public workshop, or schedule a custom training for your organization.
Workshops Customized For Your Organization
- The Knowledge Jam Introductory course provides an introduction to the Knowledge Jam process, facilitation roles, conversation skills and process, and translation (knowledge brokering) skills and process.
- Knowledge Jam advanced course provides skilled facilitators deeper skills in managing complex or ambiguous events, building a business case for the Knowledge Jam program, selecting topics with sponsors, and introducing the Knowledge Jam disciplines (facilitation, conversation, and translation) as levers for cultural change.
- Cutting Edge Leadership uses the metaphor of fencing to instruct on the principles of leadership -- Agility, Honor, and Enablement -- in a way that engages your mind, body, and heart.
Upcoming Open Workshops
- Collaborative Knowledge Services (with Ed Hoffman, Ph.D.) (self-based, free, open eLearning course) Please go to http://sps.columbia.ikns
- Knowledge Capture for Action (self-based, open eLearning course). Please go to Http://kminstitute.org
- (Kate Pugh facilitates each of the Columbia University Information and Knowledge Strategy Masters Program Residencies in August and April. Please inquire if you would like to collaborate with the IKNS teaching community.)
Past Workshops and Links
- April 21, 2016, "Building the Capacity to Collaborate and Building the Capacity to Innovate," Intranet Reloaded, Boston, MA (Keynote).
- March 2016, "Knowledge is Power: How Knowledge Management Empowers Thought Leadership Programs," Society for Marketing Professional Services, New York, NY.
- March, 2016, "KM Strategy Frameworks: From Big Idea to Realized Value," Deloitte Strategic Priorities Dialogue Series, US and Global Knowledge Services.
- February 2016, "Back to the Future: IoT and our Knowledge Heritage," Industry of Things World, San Diego (Keynote).
- November 2015, "ROI for Knowledge" KM World, Washington DC.
- November 18, 2015 "Knowledge Networks for Innovation," Army CIO Innovation Council, Aberdeen, MD.
- May 2015 "Where is KM headed?" KA Connect Conference, San Francisco, CA (Keynote)
- April 2015 "Out of the Fragmentation, Innovation!" Intranet Reloaded, Boston, Ma (Keynote)
- April 2015 "Communities of Practice" Society for Scholarly Publishing, Boston, MA.
- November 5, 2014, "Knowledge is the Business," KM World, Washington, DC.
- October 23, 2014 "Developing a Law Firm R&D or Innovation Council" Ark Group Knowledge Management in the Legal Profession annual conference, New York, NY.
- October 14-15, 2014 "Redefining Leadership in the Knowledge Economy" United Nations UNITAR, Geneva, Switzerland (with Linda Stoddart).
- September 23-25, 2014, "Knowledge Capture for Action" KM Institute Master Class, Reston, VA.
- June 24-25, 2014, "Knowledge Capture for Action" KM Insitutute Master Class, Reston, VA.
- April 2, 2014, "The Frontiers of Engagement: Creating Employee Networks to Meet the Challenge of Innoation," AIIM Annual Conference, Orlando, FL.
- March 27, 2014, "Knowledge Capture for Action," KM Institute Showcase, Washington, DC.
- November 7, 2013 KM World "Igniting Innovation with Community, Social Media & Findability" panel, co-presenting with Linda Hummel http://www.kmworld.com/Conference/2013/ .
- September 12, 2013 KM Institute "KM Solutions Showcase" 3 hour workshop on Knowledge Jam Facilitation, Reston, Virginia. Recordings available at http://www.kminstitute.org/ .
- October 16-October 17, 2012. KMWorld, "Facilitating Knowledge Into Action," Washington, DC. Presentation (Co-facilitated with Lesley Shneier, World Bank)
- March 28, 2012, 1 PM EDT "Recognizing and Culivating Trust: The Primary Driver of Network Impact" (Virtual), hosted by Nonprofit Webinar Series. See video Free. http://nonprofitwebinars.com/webinar/3282012-recognizing-and-cultivating-trust-the-primary-driver-of-network-impact/
- November 30, 2011 "Beyond Partnerships: Tapping into the Agility of Knowledge Networks and Communities." (virtual), hosted by Nonprofit Webinar series. See video Free. http://nonprofitwebinars.com/past_webinars/11302011-beyond-partnerships-tapping-into-the-agility-of-knowledge-networks-and-communities/
- November 3, 2011 "Channeling Insight Into Action." (Washington, DC), hosted by KM World Annual Conference. Washington, DC. www.kmworld.com/kmw11
- September 15-16m 2011 "Better Information Architecture for Better Findability." (working title) (Philadelphia, PA), hosted by Center for Business Intelligence Live Sciences Commercial
- IT Summit: Mobile and Cloud Initiatives." (Co-facilitating with Heather Desmarais, Cubist Pharmaceuticals) http://www.cbinet.com/conference/pc11087
- September 14, 2011 "Conversation Channels Insight into Action." (virtual), hosted by Nonprofit Webinars See video Free. http://nonprofitwebinars.com/events/9142011-conversation-channels-insight-into-action/
- August 16, 2011 "Being the Convener: Being a Catalyst for Sharing Hidden Know-How." (virtual), hosted by SIKM Leaders National Organization. http://www.divshare.com/download/15535530-2b2 (recording), http://www.slideshare.net/Katepugh/being-the-convener-for-sikm-110816v6 (SlideShare) Contact: Stan Garfield (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- June 14, 2011 Sharing Hidden Know-How: Presentation to DC Chapter of KM Institute, Arlington Hilton, Arlington, VA. Contact: Eric Weidner (email@example.com)
- June 3, 2011 Knowledge Jam Facilitation: For Boston Facilitators’ Roundtable. Location: John Hancock Training Center. Contact: Abby Yanow .(firstname.lastname@example.org) for BFR overview, http://bostonfacilitators.org
- April 30, 2011 "Improving Tacit Knowledge Sharing in Enterprise 2.0," hosted by Dr. Sal Parise, Babson College Enterprise 2.0 course (MBA elective course on how knowledge workers/organizations can build networks of connections to help improve their performance & the role that social technologies/media plays in building those connections). Contact: Sparise@babson.edu
- Collaboration Pizza RadioBlog "Get Those Smarts Out of Jail," hosted by Chris Coleman with Yakabod, April 28, 2011.
- February 7, 2011 Sharing Hidden Know-How. Free workshop hosted by KM Chicago. Location: Deloitte Offices, Whacker Street Chicago. Slide-Share Presentation (free) Contact: Curtis Conley (Cuconley@deloitte.com)
- June 15, 2010 Sharing Hidden Know-How. Free virtual workshop hosted by SIKM Leaders. Audio Presentation (free) Slide Share Presentation
- April 7, 2010 Outsourcing with Intention. With Neeraj Wadhera workshop with MIT Sloan Center for Information Systems Research, hosted by Jeanne Ross. Slide-Share Presentation (Free)