AlignConsulting offers a number of learning opportunities and workshops in the areas of knowledge-transfer ("Sharing Hidden Know-How" and "Knowledge Jam"), Strategy ("Shared Insight in Action," "Offshoring with Intention"), Leadership ("Cutting Edge Leadership") and knowledge networks ("Sustainable Communities"). You can walk through a SlideShare, attend a public workshop, or schedule a custom training for your organization.
Workshops Customized For Your Organization
- The Knowledge Jam Introductory course provides an introduction to the Knowledge Jam process, facilitation roles, conversation skills and process, and translation (knowledge brokering) skills and process.
- Knowledge Jam advanced course provides skilled facilitators deeper skills in managing complex or ambiguous events, building a business case for the Knowledge Jam program, selecting topics with sponsors, and introducing the Knowledge Jam disciplines (facilitation, conversation, and translation) as levers for cultural change.
- Cutting Edge Leadership uses the metaphor of fencing to instruct on the principles of leadership -- Agility, Honor, and Enablement -- in a way that engages your mind, body, and heart. Quarterly workshops will be offered at the Worcester Fencing Club by AlignConsulting and Worcester Fencing Club.
Upcoming Open Workshops
- November 5, 2014 KMWorld: "Knowledge is the Busienss" (Strategy Track) .
- (I facilitate each of the Columbia University Information and Knowledge Strategy Masters Program Residencies April 15-19, 2014 and August 26-30, 2015).
Past Workshops and Links
- October 23, 2014 "Developing a Law Firm R&D or Innovation Council" Ark Group Knowledge Management in the Legal Profession annual conference, New York, NY.
- October 14-15, 2014 "Redefining Leadership in the Knowledge Economy" United Nations UNITAR, Geneva, Switzerland (with Linda Stoddart).
- September 23-25, 2014, "Knowledge Capture for Action" KM Institute Master Class, Reston, VA.
- June 24-25, 2014, "Knowledge Capture for Action" KM Insitutute Master Class, Reston, VA.
- April 2, 2014, "The Frontiers of Engagement: Creating Employee Networks to Meet the Challenge of Innoation," AIIM Annual Conference, Orlando, FL.
- March 27, 2014, "Knowledge Capture for Action," KM Institute Showcase, Washington, DC.
- November 7, 2013 KM World "Igniting Innovation with Community, Social Media & Findability" panel, co-presenting with Linda Hummel http://www.kmworld.com/Conference/2013/ .
- September 12, 2013 KM Institute "KM Solutions Showcase" 3 hour workshop on Knowledge Jam Facilitation, Reston, Virginia. Recordings available at http://www.kminstitute.org/ .
- October 16-October 17, 2012. KMWorld, "Facilitating Knowledge Into Action," Washington, DC. Presentation (Co-facilitated with Lesley Shneier, World Bank)
- March 28, 2012, 1 PM EDT "Recognizing and Culivating Trust: The Primary Driver of Network Impact" (Virtual), hosted by Nonprofit Webinar Series. See video Free. http://nonprofitwebinars.com/webinar/3282012-recognizing-and-cultivating-trust-the-primary-driver-of-network-impact/
- November 30, 2011 "Beyond Partnerships: Tapping into the Agility of Knowledge Networks and Communities." (virtual), hosted by Nonprofit Webinar series. See video Free. http://nonprofitwebinars.com/past_webinars/11302011-beyond-partnerships-tapping-into-the-agility-of-knowledge-networks-and-communities/
- November 3, 2011 "Channeling Insight Into Action." (Washington, DC), hosted by KM World Annual Conference. Washington, DC. www.kmworld.com/kmw11
- September 15-16m 2011 "Better Information Architecture for Better Findability." (working title) (Philadelphia, PA), hosted by Center for Business Intelligence Live Sciences Commercial
- IT Summit: Mobile and Cloud Initiatives." (Co-facilitating with Heather Desmarais, Cubist Pharmaceuticals) http://www.cbinet.com/conference/pc11087
- September 14, 2011 "Conversation Channels Insight into Action." (virtual), hosted by Nonprofit Webinars See video Free. http://nonprofitwebinars.com/events/9142011-conversation-channels-insight-into-action/
- August 16, 2011 "Being the Convener: Being a Catalyst for Sharing Hidden Know-How." (virtual), hosted by SIKM Leaders National Organization. http://www.divshare.com/download/15535530-2b2 (recording), http://www.slideshare.net/Katepugh/being-the-convener-for-sikm-110816v6 (SlideShare) Contact: Stan Garfield (email@example.com)
- June 14, 2011 Sharing Hidden Know-How: Presentation to DC Chapter of KM Institute, Arlington Hilton, Arlington, VA. Contact: Eric Weidner (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- June 3, 2011 Knowledge Jam Facilitation: For Boston Facilitators’ Roundtable. Location: John Hancock Training Center. Contact: Abby Yanow .(email@example.com) for BFR overview, http://bostonfacilitators.org
- April 30, 2011 "Improving Tacit Knowledge Sharing in Enterprise 2.0," hosted by Dr. Sal Parise, Babson College Enterprise 2.0 course (MBA elective course on how knowledge workers/organizations can build networks of connections to help improve their performance & the role that social technologies/media plays in building those connections). Contact: Sparise@babson.edu
- Collaboration Pizza RadioBlog "Get Those Smarts Out of Jail," hosted by Chris Coleman with Yakabod, April 28, 2011.
- February 7, 2011 Sharing Hidden Know-How. Free workshop hosted by KM Chicago. Location: Deloitte Offices, Whacker Street Chicago. Slide-Share Presentation (free) Contact: Curtis Conley (Cuconley@deloitte.com)
- June 15, 2010 Sharing Hidden Know-How. Free virtual workshop hosted by SIKM Leaders. Audio Presentation (free) Slide Share Presentation
- April 7, 2010 Outsourcing with Intention. With Neeraj Wadhera workshop with MIT Sloan Center for Information Systems Research, hosted by Jeanne Ross. Slide-Share Presentation (Free)