AlignConsulting articles provide how-tos and case studies on facilitating change in a complex, networked, global ecosystem. These are listed in chronological order. Please scroll down to see the most recent. At the bottom are reviews of Sharing Hidden Know-How (Jossey-Bass/Wiley, 2011) by prominent authors and bloggers.
Enjoy Knowledge Jam "spot" (video) for Columbia University Information and Knowledge Strategy Masters Course here (Event 9/1/11 Posted 11/9/2011)
Come back frequently to read and engage in our debates and musings!
Articles by or Quoting AlignConsulting and its Partners
- “Don’t Just Capture Knowledge – Put It to Work,” by Katrina Pugh and Nancy M. Dixon, Harvard Business Review, May 2008. (link goes to full article on HBR site) https://hbr.org/2008/05/dont-just-capture-knowledge-put-it-to-work
- “Harvesting Project Knowledge,” by Nancy M. Dixon and Kate Pugh, NASA ASK Magazine, Spring 2008. http://askmagazine.nasa.gov/issues/30/30i_harvesting_project_knowledge.html
- "Sharing hidden Know-How," by Katrina Pugh (Presentation to SIKM Leaders Global, June 15, 2010) http://www.slideshare.net/Katepugh/sikm-knowledge-jam-katrina-pugh-100615 Recording of this: http://www.divshare.com/download/11712612-68d
- “Sustainable Communities: 10 CSFs for Sharing the Faith,” by Katrina Pugh, IBM Syn.chrono.us social media blog, July, 2010. http://synch.rono.us/social/blog.nsf/dx/07192010091946AMSLIHMX.htm
- “Jamming with the Institute for Healthcare Improvement," by Katrina Pugh and Jo Ann Endo, NASA Ask Magazine, Winter, 2011. http://appel.nasa.gov/2011/02/01/jamming-with-the-institute-for-healthca...
- "Unleashing Unstructured Data Value Means Mobilizing us, not just our Machines," by Katrina Pugh, Dashboard Insight, February 17, 2011) http://www.dashboardinsight.com/articles/new-concepts-in-business-intelligence/unleashing-unstructured-data-value.aspx
- "Knowledge Jam" (presentation to KM Chicago, February 8, 2011) http://www.slideshare.net/Katepugh/knowledge-jam-for-chicago-km-110208
- "Offshoring with Intention" by Katrina Pugh and Neeraj Wadhera (Presentation to MIT Sloan Center for Information Systems Research Class, taught By Jeanne Ross)http://www.slideshare.net/Katepugh/mit-sloan-bus-of-it-class-jeanne-ross-100406-final
- "How Financial Companies Can Prevent Knowledge Loss," by Katrina Pugh, Smart Blogs on Finance, May 9, 2011 http://smartblogs.com/finance/2011/05/09/how-financial-companies-can-prevent-knowledge-loss/
- "Get Your Team to Share the Information that Matters Most" (BNET "Connected Manager" blog, May 20, 2011) http://www.bnet.com/blog/virtual-manager/get-your-team-to-share-the-information-that-matters-most/1369?tag=content;drawer-container 2/20/2011
- "Sharing Hidden Know-How: Facilitator as Catalyst for Innovation," by Katrina Pugh, Learning Magazine, July 11, 2011. http://trainingmag.com/article/sharing-hidden-know-how-facilitator-catalyst-innovation
- "Knowledge Jam: Three disciplines to beat the merger performance odds," by Katrina Pugh, Ivey Business Review, July/August, 2011. http://www.iveybusinessjournal.com/topics/strategy/knowledge-jam-three-disciplines-to-beat-the-merger-performance-odds
- "Talk Trumps Text for Sharing Hidden Know-How" by Nancy Settle Murphy and Katrina Pugh in IT Performance Improvement, August 16, 2011. http://www.ittoday.info/ITPerformanceImprovement/Articles/2011-08NSM.html
- "IT Investment Planning: Reimagining the Process" by Katrina Pugh, CIO Insight Magazine, August 25, 2011. http://www.cioinsight.com/c/a/Expert-Voices/IT-Investment-Planning-Reimagining-the-Process-697736/
- "How to Use Technology to Create a Knowledge-Sharing Culuture," Chief Learning Officer Magazine (quoting Katrina Pugh), September 7, 2011. http://clomedia.com/articles/view/how-to-use-technology-to-create-a-knowledge-sharing-culture/1
- "How Big Banks can Fix their Leadership Blindspots," by Katrina Pugh, Reuters Great Debate Blog, October 18, 2011. http://blogs.reuters.com/great-debate/2011/10/18/how-big-banks-can-fix-their-leadership-blindspots/
- "Channeling Insight Into Action, by Katrina Pugh, KM World 2011, November 3, 2011. http://www.slideshare.net/Katepugh/channeling-insight-into-action-for-km-world-111103-v2
"You're married. Now what?," in Chief Executive Magazine (quoting Katrina Pugh), November 2011 http://chiefexecutive.net/youre-married-now-what
- "The Collaboration Conundrum," by Michael O'brien (quoting Katrina Pugh), Human Resource Executive Magazine, December 9, 2011. http://www.hreonline.com/HRE/story.jsp?storyId=533343915&query=katrina
- "A Social media Dillemma" by Andrew McIlvaine (quoting Katrina Pugh), Human Resource Executive Magazine, January 9, 2012. http://www.hreonline.com/HRE/story.jsp?storyId=533344210
- Building the Social Media Ecology, by Katrina Pugh, IBForum Blog June 23, 2011
- “To Fit or Not to Fit” in Talent Management, by Ronnie Reese (Interview was in November, 2011) http://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/mediatec/tm0412/#/36 .
- "Sharing Hidden Know-How," Journal of Digital Media Management, Vol 1. No. 1, 49-54, May, 2012. http://alignconsultinginc.com/sites/default/files/Jrnl of Digital Media Mgt May 2012 Pugh Sharing Hidden Know-How 48-54.pdf
- Making Big Data Smarter, TDWI Business Intelligence Site, August 7, 2012. http://tdwi.org/articles/2012/08/07/making-big-data-smarter.aspx
- Trusting in Us, by Katrina Pugh (with Sam Frank), Synthesis Partnership Critical Issues #16, March, 2013 http://www.synthesispartnership.com/critical16/
"What knowledge leader are you: Embedded, Consultant, or Product Entrepreneur?" By Katrina Pugh with Glynys Thomas, in Successful Knowledge Leadership: Principles and Practice, Ark Group, Helen Roche, Editor. (July, 2013). (Table of contents here: http://www.ark-group.com/Downloads/Successful-Knowledge-Leadership-TOC.pdf ) Purchase: http://www.wlrstore.com/ark/successful-knowledge-leadership-principles-and-practice.aspx ) Use code KC-R1 when ordering online or call Phone: +44 (0) 20 7549 8708
"Designing Effective Knowledge Networks" By Katrina Pugh and Laurence Prusak, Sloan Management Review, Fall, 2013.
"How To Create Social Impact Through Thoughtful Networks" 3-part blog by Katrina Pugh, Sarah Buitoni (Women's World Banking) and Breen Byrnes (World Wildlife Fund), Huffington Post, 2014. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/katrina-pugh/how-to-create-social-impa_b_4986848.html?utm_hp_ref=impact&ir=Impact
Designing Knowledge Networks for Impact, by Katrina Pugh, AIIM Blog, January 3, 2014.
Smarter Innovation: How interactive processes drive business results by Katrina Pugh (general editor) (July, 2014). Focus is interactive processes (read knowledge-practices!) which help with the bridging, social integration, and ultimately commercialization of innovation.
Four Disciplines Drive Effective Online Collaboration, by Katrina Pugh, Columbia School of Professional Studies News, February 1, 2016.
KM and the Internet of Things, by Katrina Pugh and Ralph Poole, KM World Magazine, 4/1/16.
Reviews of Sharing Hidden Know-How, by Katrina Pugh (Jossey-Bass/Wiley, 2011)
- PR Web Press Release http://www.prweb.com/releases/2011/4/prweb8283282.htm 4/8/2011
- Creelman Research "Kate Pugh: Sharing Hidden Know-How" http://www.creelmanresearch.com/files/Creelman2011vol4_01.pdf 1/27/2011
- Curtis Conley's blog http://kmchicago.blogspot.com/2011/04/sharing-hidden-know-how-now-available.html 4/15/2011
- Marc Solomon's blog http://ututilis.com/2011/04/24/hidden-know-how-kate-pugh-transforms-knowledge-transfer/ 4/24/2011
- CIO Magazine "What We're Reading" http://www.cio.com/article/680743/What_We_x2019_re_Reading_from_the_May_1_2011_Issue_of_CIO_Magazine 4/27/2011
- Collaboration Pizza (Chris Coleman's interview - live radio blog interview with Kate Pugh) http://www.blogtalkradio.com/collaborationpizza/2011/04/28/get-all-those-smarts-out-of-jail-author-kate-pugh-on-knowle 4/28/2011
- Evan Rosen Blog "Recasting Knowledge Management" http://collaborationblog.typepad.com/collaboration/2011/05/recasting-knowledge-management.html 5/1/2011
- Williams College "Eph's Bookshelf"http://ephsbookshelf.williams.edu/articles/sharing-hidden-know-how-how-managers-solve-thorny-problems-with-the-knowledge-jam/ 5/6/2011
- Jack Vinson's blog http://blog.jackvinson.com/archives/2011/05/23/sharing_hidden_know-how_-_the_knowledge_jam.html 5/23/2011
- Learning Solutions Magazine Book Review http://www.learningsolutionsmag.com/articles/690/book-review-sharing-hidden-know-how-by-katrina-b-pugh 6/8/2011
- Gil Yehuda's blog http://www.gilyehuda.com/2011/06/21/sharing-hidden-know-how/ 6/21/2011
- Earley and Associates blog by Gary Kahn "Remember the Conversation - a Knowledge management best practice" http://www.earley.com/blog/remember-conversation-knowledge-management-best-practice 7/13/2011
- Amazon reviews http://www.amazon.com/Sharing-Hidden-Know-How-non-Franchise-ebook/product-reviews/B004QWZQ9I/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1 7/11/2011
- Bill Ives Blog (Outstart knowledge solutions blog) http://blog.outstart.com/pe/action/km/viewelement?id=10105201 8/18/2011
|Jrnl of Digital Media Mgt May 2012 Pugh Sharing Hidden Know-How 48-54.pdf||336.97 KB|
|IBF Blog Building the Social Media Ecology 110627 FINAL.pdf||382.39 KB|